Monday, August 8, 2011

Ben's First Day of School - 2011

Today was back to school day for Ben! So exciting. We were all up extra early to make sure we were ready on time. I made Ben his favorite breakfast of bacon. Then it was time for the traditional picture in the green chair!
And of course had to take lots more pictures...




He had his homework all ready to go. They got this at open house and had to fill it out and bring back.

Ben was super excited about the day. He did not seem nervous at all. he walked right into his class and started playing. No issues at all. I think I was more nervous than he was.
I picked him up this afternoon and he seemed to have a good time. His folder was already full of papers that he had worked on. He did say there was too much time that they had to sit and work. I asked him if he wanted to go back tomorrow and he said "No because he wanted to stay home and practice being a superhero." That cracked me up. I guess he decided learning was too hard and the superhero route was the way to go! We enjoyed a cookie snack when he got home. He said he liked playing on the playground but it was really hot. He did not eat any of his lunch. Overall I would say the day was a success. We are praying for a great year!

I can't believe my little man in in pre-K and next year he will be headed to kindergarten. Where did the time go?

0 comments: